Who is entitled to receive a free flu vaccine?
- All children aged 6 months up to 5 years of age
- Adults aged 65 years and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are aged 6 months and over
- Pregnant women during any trimester
- People aged 6 months and over with medical conditions that can lead to complications from influenza such as people who:
- have heart disease; or
- have lung disease or asthma; or
- have another chronic illness, including diabetes and renal failure; or
- have a chronic neurological condition, including multiple sclerosis and seizure disorders; or
- have an immune compromising condition, including HIV infection; or
- are aged 5-10 years and are receiving long-term aspirin therapy.
If you meet any of the above criteria, please speak with one of our GPs about vaccination under the National Immunisation Program.